The OLF Surf Club strives to create friendships, promote fitness, and provide opportunities to experience the sport and culture of surfing. Our mission is to inspire a love for the ocean and the thrill of surfing in all our members.
We believe that surfing is not just a sport, but a way of life. Our club is dedicated to having fun and learning about surfing, including its culture, spirit, and the unique characters who make up the surfing community. With the guidance of our experienced coaches, Mr. and Mrs. Kendrick and Ms. Diekhoff, we aim to up-level our members’ skills and provide coaching tailored to their individual needs.
Meetings are held on the last Thursday of every month, but are subject to change based on surf conditions in San Clemente. The location of meetings is also determined based on the surf conditions at popular surf spots such as San Onofre, T-Street, Trestles, Trails, and more.
Join us at OLF Surf Club and experience the joy of surfing, make new friends, and have fun while doing it!
Different components of the OLF Surf Club:
- Beach runs / workouts
- Paddle practice in the harbor
- A swimming session at Ole Hanson Beach Club or a local pool (not how to swim, but improved technique)
- Some movie assignments and surf history homework (keeping it fun)
- A school surf movie night
- A trip to the Surfing Heritage museum in San Clemente
- Meet up with some pro surfers in town
- Go for a stand up paddle in the harbor
- Meet the lifeguards
- SanO bonfires
- Charity event – i.e Walk on water
- CPR training
- And of course getting in the water. More frequently as the water warms up.
- Learn about tides using tide charts, etc. Get them familiar with surf conditions.